Welcome!

Welcome to Skyanne's Blog. I have seen so many Simmers using them; and I thought it would be a handy thing to have for writing my stories. If you have an comments on things you like, dislike or think I should change please let me know - I welcome any and all feedback!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Always Late Kate - Chapter 2

Always Late Kate Chapter 2

(Writing Prompt - You can’t outrun the past. Include at least one flashback detailing an event of your protagonist’s past.)

It had been a week since Kendyl told Kate that she decided to not tell Caleb about their past.  It was for the best Kendyl told her, Kate could tell she was fighting back tears but she listened quietly as her friend gave her a list of reasons she felt it was best to not tell him. Kate could tell that not one of them made Kendyl feel any better.  But being the PIC, or partner in crime as her mother always called them, she listened to her friend and tried hard to not shake some sense into her. She knew it was not an easy decision Kendyl had made and she was trying her best to respect it.  Matter of fact she had been trying so hard she realize it was officially seven days since she spoke to her about it. 

Sure they had talked, they always talked but not about him . Not about Caleb or the heartbreak Kendyl went through when he never came back. Not the tears in her eyes as she talked about the past and not the earth shattering epic love they once shared.  Katie had been fighting with herself all week, trying to understand why Kendyl would knowingly let him marry another woman when she clearly still loved him.  Sure Jeffery was a nice guy, he was sweet and romantic and the kind of guy most girls would kill to have in their life but she just didnt think he was right for Kendyl.  It wasnt because she secretly wanted him! No that wasnt it at all she told herself as she stared in the mirror; or was it?  Was she fooling herself into think Kendyl and Caleb were meant to be together because she wanted him for herself……?

NO! She screamed in her head!  No! She was not being greedy! It had nothing to do with Jeffery. It was about Kendyl and Caleb and the love they once had.  As the thought crossed her mind she thought back to the day Caleb proposed to Kendyl.  Closing her eyes she remembered that day like it was just yesterday..

Shhhh, she will hear you if you dont quiet down, he scoffed!  Caleb was pace back and forth and Kate could tell he was a nervous wreck!  He was so cute she couldnt help but giggling at him!

*standing up straight Kate took a deep, stop giggling breath and smiled*

Oh relax already! You could stand on your head wearing a clown suit in the middle of a crowded room and Kendyl would still say yes. She loves you Caleb, and no matter what you do she always will. So if you want me to stop giggling then stop acting like a fool and relax. Even as Kate was given him the speech she could barely contain the giggling fits.  She couldnt help herself, he was such a love struck fool. It made him do the silliest things.

Caleb gave her that look. You know the one that says I dont find you the least bit funny.  Kate just laughed again and reached out to straighten his tie.It looked like it had been pinned in place by Calebs 5 year old cousin.

Look at me Kate said.  I have never ever seen her as happy as she is with you and she will be thrilled you are finally asking her for her hand in marriage so just take deep breaths and think of how much you love her and everything will be fine!

Caleb nodded and took that deep breath and went to ask the women he loved more than life itself for her hand in marriage.

Kate of course waited till he walked out of the room and was down the hall before she started to follow him, no way was she going to miss this!

The room had been done up with flowers everywhere and a special dinner had been prepared just for Kendyl, all her favorites of course.  Caleb still looked like a nervous scientist waiting for his experiment to blow up in his face but he was doing his best to hide it.

Thinking that the dinner would never end, Kate started to nod from boredom when she heard him clear his throat this was it she thought!

Kennnndyyl

*he said softly before taken a deep breath*

Kendyl, I know I cant promise you a big house, expensive jewelry or nice cars but what I promise you is that no one will ever love you move than me!

*taken another deep breath to steady himself he went on*

I love you Kendyl and if the world ended or alien took over my body I would still love you; nothing will every change that I could never love another person like I do you and I pray you feel the same way!

*One last deep breath*

You are the girl of my dreams, the woman who I have waited my whole life to find and I never want to let you go.  Please Kendyl, my love, will you spend the rest of your life with me.   Marry me!  Be my wife and I promise I will spend the rest of my life doing everything in my power to make all your dreams come true!

Kendyl Margiotta, he said determined now and full of love, will you marry me?

Kendyl leaped in Calebs arms and screamed yes! 

As soon as the word was out of her mouth Kate began to jump up and down, so excited for her friend. 

Decided she had ease dropped enough she walked tip-toed slowly away from the door and backed right into Jeffery who was coming to the wedding hall to drop off a batch of fresh flowers. 

Kate quickly apologized I am so sorry, I am such a klutz please forgive me

*holding her hand out and trying to keep from blushing she looked up at Jeffery and smiled*

Hello, my name is Kate. 

But, Jeffery didnt see her, following his gaze she seen her was staring at Kendyl who had left the dining room to freshen up and use the rest room.

As the memory fade, Kate wiped a tear from her face!  No, it had nothing to do with Jeffery; Kendyl was wrong plain and simple!  Kate couldnt let Caleb marry Celine, determined she knew she had to do something to fix this mess!  She just didnt know how but she felt like it was the right thing to do with every fiber of her being!

Unable to stop herself Kate found herself grabbing her car keys and headed for the door.  If she was going to do this she needed to do it while she still had the nerve to do so!

She got Calebs address off the information packet he filled out for his wedding.  She knew she should feel bad for taken it, after all she could loss the job she had just worked so hard to get or worse but it didnt stop her from snagging it that day she interviewed him.

With so many thoughts racing through her head she did see the truck lights till it was too late........

*tires squealing and then a loud crash that was so loud it could be heard miles away*

Kate knew she had been hit all she could feel was pain and a cold numbing sensation.  As the blackness seemed to close all around her all Kate could think of was that she would never get the chance to fix everything.

To Be Cont……

No comments:

Post a Comment